Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nine Eleven


I have tried to start this blog entry many, many, many times.

I just cant find the right words to truly express the feelings Im feeling.

Im sure most of America is in the same boat tonight and tomorrow.

It sucks.  Im angry.  Im sad.  Im confused.  Im traumatized.  Im devastated.

The only thing I can type without backing up, or starting over is that on September 11, 2001, I was 24 years old.  I had returned to my apartment in the Brookhaven area of Atlanta the night before from Philadelphia, PA.  My husband called me just after 9am that morning and was shouting at me to turn on the news.  I was walking out of the bathroom in hospital scrub pants and a liquor promo t-shirt half asleep.  I turned on the little tube TV we had in our room on the dresser just in time to see the second plane slam into the World Trade Center and I swear I will never forget the anchorperson losing it on national television.  I must have hung up on my husband and stood there in shock for what seemed like hours...because the next thing I remember is working at Chili's as a waitress and taking food to the bloodbank up the street and seeing lines and lines and lines of people out the door donating blood.

That is my experience from that day.  There are moments of total clarity, and then moments I had totally blacked out.  I think all of us have those types of memories.  And like I said, it sucks.

Love,

WA's Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment