Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy 56th Birthday Aunt Mary!


Aunt M, you are loved and missed by so many people today. I imagine that there are people out there that  can miss you more than I do, but I miss you HUGE and if that can be used as a measure, then you are missed a whole heck of alot!

You were my second mother.  I went to you with a ton of things I could not tell my own mother and you never gave up on me, or judged me.  I will never forget the things we shared together.  I am thankful for the daughters you left behind (even though you didn't want to) because I have them as best friends!  And they posses your empathy, knowledge, and love.

Whenever I watch Steel Magnolias, there is one scene that never fails to remind me of you.  It's usually difficult to get through, but when its over I'm thankful because I know as long as I watch it, I'll never lose the "essence" of you because it describes you beautifully.  Daryl Hannah's charachter is speaking to Sally Field's charachter at the funeral of her daughter and she says, "..she is with her King, ...and all she wanted to do was take care of everyone she knew and her poor body just couldnt handle it....  Now she is where she will always be healthy, and young and beautilful...She can take care of all of us as a Guardian Angel."

I know we'll meet again but until then Happy Birthday!

W.A.'s Momma

P.S. I could really use your tips on how to soothe a cranky toddler.  You always did know how to keep your cool.  I'm still amazed by that, by the way.

3 comments:

  1. Once again, you've nailed it! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome "fellow momma". I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And P.S. MY mother is still thankful she was there when I and Ally were born!

    ReplyDelete