Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring is Here...


...well, almost.  According to the calendar, Spring was last Sunday.  We've had some temperatures in the 50's and 60's, but it will be plunging back into the 40's here starting tomorrow.  I couldn't help myself though.  I wanted to get my hands dirty.  I potted some pansies and dianthus (aka Sweet Williams) around the outside of my house to enjoy some Spring colors.  And they do great in chillier temperatures.  There is some "Georgia Speed-something or other" as well.  Just the name will remind me of home when I look at it.



I also started some rosemary (for our baked potatoes), cilantro (for our paella) and mint (for our mojitoes and juleps) and saved a spot for basil when it comes out.  Besides, I can bring these pots inside if it gets too chilly.


Pansies are so pretty and so cheap that I went ahead and potted some for the front porch as well.  Notice my neighbors across the street, he has a gorgeous yard.




Hope you all are enjoying the warmer temperatures while they last.  I hope April and consistent warmer weather gets here soon!  I can't wait to plant some more tropical looking plants in my backyard.  We are going for a whole "Key West" theme this year!

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome girl! I need to get some herbs going down here too. xoxo Thanks for the birthday wishes too :)

    ReplyDelete