Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Southern Sweet Tea and Angel Biscuit Breakfast


My Grandma Edna was known all over Woodstock and Canton, Georgia for her biscuits.  We've tried to replicate them as a family and sometimes we can even all get together for breakfast and have them.  It just so happens we made it possible with my lastest visit to Georgia.  We all ate our weight in biscuits and then the kids played outside in the yard among Grandma's roses.







As kids, me, my siblings and cousins would jump all over the furniture until my Grandmother would coax us outside to finish off the excess sugar rush from her homemade sweet tea and jellies/preserves.  We would run around barefoot all over the yard and climb trees just like the stories you read of little middle class southern girls.  It made me cry a little remembering those times with her, as you all know by now, I miss her so much...





Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

P.S. The last one is my favorite.  And if you know where I can find a set of glasses like that, please let me know.  She has had those forever and now they belong to my dad.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story!!! I think you could search ebay for hobnail glasses and maybe find something similar???

    ReplyDelete