Friday, August 26, 2011

The Limit

I think I have reached my limit of stress.

Last week I witnessed my first (and only, I hope) earthquake.  Four "aftershocks" followed.  Yesterday, WA fell off his tricycle and got the nastiest black eye I have ever seen.  This week, we are preparing for Hurricane Irene.  Pack those onto the family stress I have been dealing with and I honestly think I have reached my limit.

But I haven't.

I'm sure there is something lurking out there.  Please do not misunderstand me.  I am not a pessimist.  What I mean is, there is always something more that could be piled on and I know I will be fine.  You've heard that saying "it could always be worse".  I will find a way to deal with it.  That is what being "mom" means, right?  I have no idea where it came from but one of my personality traits (I'm very proud to say this) is that I am extremely good at "adapting".  I can vent like a madwoman but I have always been successful at "rolling with the punches" and finding "solutions".  Because its just what you do.  And that is what I will do this week, and next week and even next month when I am sure I will get terrible news. 



I do not have all the answers and sometimes even my faith can be shaken, but the one thing I know for sure, and that I keep in mind during my darkest hours is this:  someone out there has it worse than me.

Someone probably lost their child to cancer today.  Someone is wondering how they will pay their power bill tomorrow before it is shut off.  Someone out there has no idea where their next meal is coming from.  And someone out there is battling addiction and is lost to their family who love them immensely.

I have clothes, food and shelter.  I have a healthy son.  I have a husband who works hard to provide for me and my son.  I have healthy relationships.

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment