Friday, September 2, 2011

Bucket Lists and 5 Year Plans...

I have been thinking a lot about Bucket Lists and Five Year Plans



My newest issue of Self magazine has a great article on how to create a Five Year Plan, and research suggests its great for everyone to have one.  So I am working on mine.

I have set some reachable goals for the near future.  I'm not sure if you would consider them "bucket list items" or plans I have for myself in the next five years, but what's the difference?  I'll reach them anyway...

For one thing, I decided I wanted to learn how to rock climb.  With the recent revival of "girls night out", I thought this was a fitting outing.  We don't want to spend all of our nights out involved in just drunken debauchery.  We are all active and athletic (mostly) young (under 40) ladies.  We want to do something fun and exciting.  Binge drinking and getting phone numbers was so "twenties" for us.  In other words, we have almost twenty years of experience, we already mastered that.  We have moved on to more challenging goals.  At least that is what we are telling ourselves these days.  So we enrolled in a rock climbing course/outing that lasts 4 hours.  Cant wait!  I'm afraid of heights.

Next on my immediate goals is Fencing.  I do not know anything about fencing but it looks snobby and different so we are going to break on in to that crowd and see if we like it.  Its only $60 for an 8 week course, so what the hell?

And on my usual and normal list, I will continue my French lessons, road races (adding some bicycle ones) and tennis.  Stay tuned for awesome pictures of my newest and super fun goals!

Before I was a wife and a mother, I loved motorcycles (so much), kayaking, hiking and writing.  I'll get back to those as well.  Still working on the motorcycle thing with my Kentucky Gentleman.  He's a little nervous.  The good news is, we have a neighbor with a bike.  Hee hee.

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment