Saturday, October 16, 2010

Grandmothers...

me and my grandma. 1978

I had the best darn Grandmother in the whole world when I was growing up! 

First of all, she let us run around her yard picking apples and catching lightning bugs. 

She was the best cook ever, and made some great fried okra.  I loved her apple turnovers in the fall and her butter pecan ice cream in the summer.  She could fry chicken so well, it made you want to slap yo' momma!

She had the best chunky jewelry and satiny-est nightgowns.  My sisters, cousins and I would all dress up and play princess or wedding (our favorite).  I was always the groom because I was the tallest.

We could plunder her refrigerator, her closet, her drawers, whatever.  She was Grandma and just didn't care what we touched, moved, tipped over, broke, tangled up, greased up, ripped, soiled...as long as we were having fun.  I do not EVER remember her getting angry with us for "ruining something". 

I hope W.A. has some sweet memories of his Grandmothers (Oma and Grammy) that he can pass on as well.

(love and miss you GMA)

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

1 comment: