Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rough and Tumble Boys...

...I really am trying to get used to this.  Why is it so difficult?



Every time he bumps his head I am afraid he's got a concussion.  Severe brain bleeding, hemorrhaging and swelling just fill my every waking thought.  I check the pupils, the motor skills and the whole nine yards for every head bump.  I mean, I am seriously up ALL night checking that he is still breathing!

Every cut deserves a trip to urgent care (you're welcome, Dr. Ken and Margaret, I'm sure your mortgage is paid...just kidding...sort of) because I am just sure he needs stitches...or maybe a blood transfusion.

Every bruise is checked with a microscope, every scratch is cleaned to ward off infection..or some other flesh eating bacteria that I'm positive he will get.

My good friend Krista (and mommy to two boys) assures me, "you just have yourself a rough and tumble boy".  I thank God for her some days, but seriously, I am going to check his breathing again right now.

How do you mommas of these beloved boys ever relax?  It's the wine isn't it?  I should buy stock in Robert Mondavi.

Good night Mommas!

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

P.S.  Did I mention I have three sisters and just about all female cousins?  I don't know the first thing about boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment