Monday, September 13, 2010

Two things I always knew...

There are two things I always new to be true and have never questioned.  First, that my sisters are my best friends.  And second, that I would be a mother to a boy.  So it was an added bonus that my sisters both had boys the exact same year William was born!

My sisters and I have always been close.  We have talked eachother through so many difficulties, such as deployment, infertility, severe health problems,  etc.  There have been small things (fights with husbands) to big things (pediatric heart attacks) and we stood by eachother, hugged eachother, stayed on the phone hours at a time with eachother, or just held eachothers' hand.  I am so blessed to have my sisters.  Its a special relationship that comes with a special kind of love I wish EVERY woman had.

What made this bond we shared even more special was that we all had boys within the same year.  So now our boys will be just as close (we hope). 
Asa, Gavyn, and William.  October 2009

My sweet William was the last to come along.  I had my struggles with infertility and while God was putting me through that, my beautiful sisters were already getting started expanding their families.  They were so kind and sensitive to me during their pregnancies.  Don't get me wrong, I was EXTREMELY happy for them.  I had already resigned myself to being the best damn Aunt to these little boys even if I was never meant to be a mother.  And then this happened:
William and me, November 2008

When I was a child, all of my dolls were my "little boys" or "my son".  When I was a teenager and daydreamed about the family I would have someday, it was always a little boy included.  I cannot explain it, I just always knew.  Please don't misunderstand me, I think little girls are wonderful, I have two nieces I love very much but I always felt deep in my heart and soul that I would be a mommy to a boy!  And I am JUST AS close to my sister who has a daughter but while she is raising her diva, the rest of us will be raising the hellraisers.

William and Gavyn, June 2010

Asa and William, September 2009

This post was inspired just by me thinking how mysteriously God works out His plan and all those times I questioned His purpose for my life.  Now I know it couldn't have turned out ANY sweeter.

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

1 comment:

  1. And I have also been blessed with TWO amazing sisters-in-law!

    ReplyDelete