Saturday, September 4, 2010

Football Season is here!!

Football season in our house is a crazy, crazy time.  It is a good ole SEC smackdown here every year!  Only because W.A.'s daddy is a Kentucky Wildcat (and avid Redskins fan) while I love my Georgia Dawgs (and my Atlanta Falcons).  I cheer for the Redskins, but I was born and raised in Atlanta so I have to stay true to my dirty birds! 

W.A.'s Daddy has to work on Saturdays (the pains of a restaraunt owner) while W.A. and I enjoy some good ole southern pastimes during football season: tailgating (although doing this at home since we are 543 miles away from Athens), chicken wangs, burgers, and beer!

Kickoff at Sanford Stadium (aka, "between the hedges") is 12:21 pm!  With the Georgia fight song blaring in the background, W.A. and I will don our Red and Black!  GO DAWGS!  We will relax in our cozy family room while following the game on the radio.  Yes, satellite radio.  It was $135 to order this game at our house.  I know, I know.  You are thinking "a real Georgia fan would open up her pocketbook".  However, that is 6 cases of diapers, folks!  Mothers keep things in perspective.  I brought in some chicken wings and bacon cheeseburgers and will top it off with some good ole Miller Lite!  Enjoy the game, ya'll!


W.A.'s Daddy will get his chance with W.A. donning his Kentucky blue during basketball season.  While the Wildcats aren't cut out for football, we can't deny that they have a great basketball program.  W.A.'s Daddy worships Tubby Smith and loathes Christian Laettner!  Here is a "Go 'Cats" just for Dad (and Aunt Laurie, Uncle Corky, Grammy and Poppa, too).


W.A. and I wish all of ya'll a great football season with your families and their favorite teams.  Football prepares us for Thanksgiving (one of our favorite holidays here at the Webb house) and family comaraderie.  It is a special time where a simple (note to my Southern folks:  it aint simple) football game can bring us all together over great food and good drinking.  However, there can only be ONE winner SO we (W.A. and I, not Daddy) are pulling for our University of Georgia Bulldogs!  GO DAWGS, SICK EM, WOOF WOOF!


Brian West and his son, Asa
I want to dedicate this blog post to my Brother-in-law, Brian West, serving in our U.S. Military in Iraq.  Although he loves to serve his country, I'm sure he would love to be in HIS family room, with HIS family, curled up on the couch drinking beer, while watching The Dawgs put a whippin' on the other team!  Love and miss you Brian and can't wait to see you "between the hedges" when you return home in December!!

Happy Fall (and Football Season) everyone!




Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

P.S. Ladies, while you're preparing your fashionable outfits to tailgate for your favorite college teams this year, be sure to check out The Southern Peach's blog about fashionable collegiate inspired clutches at http://www.yoursouthernpeach.blogspot.com/  Just click on "Football, Fashion and Oatmeal Lace".  Tell her W.A.'s Momma sent ya!

1 comment: