Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Special Aunts

In a couple of recent posts, I have mentioned my sisters and how important they are to me, and William's secial aunt Jen.  I wanted to tell you more about the special women in my life and WHY they are so special.

My Kentucky Gentleman (my husband, not the bourbon) and I have wanted to be parents since the day we married.  We were together for years before we even got married so we did not think we needed that "newlywed time" that comes after the honeymoon.  God had other plans for us because we got 5 years of newlywed time before we became parents.

Those five years were great with my husband but he was a man and did not understand the longing, the yearning, the "biological clock".  There were times I was in a very sad place.  There were days when I was so very close to just "losing it".  However, I had some wonderful women friends, that I just HAVE TO mention.  They helped me keep my sanity, and my anger in check.  As anyone who has gone through infertility knows, it can test a marriage.  Luckily, I was blessed with these women to "slap me straight" at my lowest times so I did not take it out on my husband.

I met Lori G. in Atlanta 10 years ago.  She is only slightly older than me but has the amazing ability to put things in prespective for me.  I will forever listen to her advice!  I met  Jen S. 8 years ago while we waited tables together.  She has been the person to lift me out of the rottenest of moods by bringing on whatever I needed at that particular moment to get me out of my "funk".  And then there is Morgen R. (soon to be Morgen S.) who is the friend we all need, the one who will slap you silly for being an idiot.  The friend who will tell you to "shutup", "suck it up", "stop whining".  I know you're thinking, "wow, this Morgen sounds like a real witch".  Quite the contrary, she is also the one who wiped my tears away and told me "this will be over soon and it WILL happen."

I couldnt write a piece about my sisters, and then leave out these three women.  They are so important in my life and even though we all have traveled seperate ways in life, we still find a way to keep in touch and stay close no matter how many miles come between us!  They will ALWAYS be "Aunts" to my son because of how special they are to ME.

I love you girls, and I am so happy and blessed to have all three of you in my life!

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment