Friday, January 14, 2011

Activate: New Way of Life

It has been a few weeks since I have had anything meaningful (at least in my eyes) to write about.  Until now.

After seeing this http://www.chrisjordan.com/ about baby birds dying from consuming our plastic waste, I was horrified seeing these pictures.

I have also been inspired these last few months by two people I love very much.  My uber-compassionate cousin is spending six months in Haiti for humanitarian work.  My brilliant niece is spending part of her semester in the bahamas in a marine biology program.

I have never recycled, bought locally, or saved on energy.  I am disgusted with myself actually.  I cared, but I just ignored the problem.  With a new year looming ahead of me, I decided to pour myself into a new project and a new me.  New year, new attitude, right?

So I dug around in a box of books in my guest room and found this book I purchased a few years back.  Its called The Ten Minute Activist and is filled with great tips to start immersing yourself into Saving Our Planet.  I am not wasting one more second wasting!  I am not waiting around until Earth Day in April to start making changes in my life, and my son's life.  I want him to be a better human than I ever was.  Don't we all want that for our children?  So, Im sharing my latest book pick with all of my friends and family.

Thank you, Corinne and Nicole for inspiring me to change.  Thank you for inspiring me to teach my child the world needs all of us to change our wasteful, nasty habits so it remains beautiful for generations to come.

Cheers!

W.A.'s Momma

1 comment: